Keto Cheeseburger Soup Recipe is comfort food at it’s best and keto as well. This delicious soup is loaded with everything you love about a burger but in a delicious soup.
Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
Are you trying to eat low carb or follow the Keto diet? We have an amazing Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup everyone will go crazy for. Your family will not realize that they are eating low carb as this soup is full of flavor.
In fact, your entire family is going to love this recipe! It has all the things you love about a cheeseburger but in a decadent soup.
No worries if you forgot to plan dinner, this recipe can come together in just minutes. With easy ingredients, this meal will be perfect for a cold Fall day.
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup:
We love soup at my house. But I wanted to make a soup that was low carb and keto friendly. When I was looking at the Cheeseburger Soup recipe I wanted to see how my family reacted by taking out the potatoes.
The entire family gobbled up this soup when I made it. Instead of the potatoes I used, riced cauliflower. No one missed the potatoes and the cauliflower is really yummy.
The cauliflower takes on all the amazing flavors from the bacon and cheese and makes an incredible soup. No one will ask where the potatoes are.
Is it really Keto friendly?
The traditional cheeseburger soup is loaded with potatoes and Velveeta cheese. The potatoes and Velveeta cheese are loaded with carbs.
By switching out the potatoes with riced cauliflower and the cheese with shredded cheese you are making it Keto friendly.
Plus, we love how fast we can pull this soup together. It comes together in just about 20 minutes! Talk about a fast dinner idea.
Perfect weeknight meal:
This cheeseburger soup is perfect for busy weeknights when you need a hearty dinner but have little to no time to get dinner ready. I really try to meal plan each week, which helps me to stay on track and saves me money.
We usually try to have the majority of the ingredients on hand to make this recipe. I know that I can cook this soup quickly and I can get my kids to sports practice knowing that everyone had dinner.
Slow Cooker Low Carb Cheeseburger Soup:
You can certainly try this recipe in your crock pot instead of the stove top. We love to do this when we will be away all day or need to come home to dinner waiting. Low Carb Cheeseburger soup slow cooker recipe is really amazing and even the kids go crazy over it.
If I am using the slow cooker, my favorite is the Aura Cooker. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker. It is nice to just have the one pan to clean if you are not using leftovers. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances.
If you are in the market for a new crockpot, this one is my favorite. I use this all the time and it’s great. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere. I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing!
Recipe Tips for making Cheeseburger Soup:
- I use a small food chopper or processor to quickly and easily chop onions and green peppers. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver.
- I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take diced onion or bell peppers out of the freezer for recipes.
- To keep this a keto friendly soup, be sure to use block cheese instead of the already shredded cheese. Plus using the block cheese allows it to melt evenly.
- You can also add in cream cheese. This gives it a really nice creamy texture.
- If you don’t have chicken broth, you can use beef broth instead. This soup would be good to add in some worcestershire sauce.
- You can use ground turkey or ground chicken instead ground beef to lower the calories in this recipe.
- I like to add some larger cauliflower chunks in the soup. You can still mix in the rice cauliflower as well.
- You can use various types of cheese.
- Ground beef or Ground Turkey
- Bacon – Chopped
- Onion – Diced
- Minced Garlic
- Steak seasoning
- Riced Cauliflower – You can also put chopped cauliflower.
- Chicken Broth or Beef Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Xantham Gum
- Cheddar Cheese – Use other types of cheese
- Salt and Pepper
How to make Keto Cheeseburger Soup:
- In a stock pot or a dutch oven, add ground beef and brown until no longer pink. We always keep cooked ground beef in the freezer. We love using it in soups and it saves so much time.
- Add in the diced bacon, minced garlic, diced onion, seasonings, riced cauliflower, and butter. Try adding in some green bell peppers for additional flavor.
- Continue cooking on medium head until the onions and cauliflower are soft. I like to let these ingredients simmer for a bit. It really intensifies their flavors.
- Stir in the chicken broth and the heaving whipping cream.
- Bring the soup mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese. I like to add in a bit at time to prevent it from clumping. Then I stir occasionally until it is melted.
- Whisk in the Xanthan gum to thicken. Cover for 5 minutes on low while the soup thickens. If you do not have any Xanthan gum, you can leave the lid off and simmer on low as the soup thickens. You can also add in a little more cream cheese.
- Serve with more cheese, bacon, sour cream and any other toppings you would like.
This is such a great soup in less than 30 minutes!
- Top with Extra Bacon
- Top with different types of cheese. Pepper Jack Cheese would be good.
- Sour Cream
How to store Low Carb Cheeseburger Soup?
This Cheeseburger Soup is great leftover. Store your leftovers in the refrigerator in airtight container for up to 3-4 days. This would be great to take for lunch the next. I know my husband loves it when we have some leftover.
You may need to add in a little water or broth when reheating as it tends to thicken in the refrigerator.
We have found that this soup doesn’t freeze well because of the dairy products in the soup.
What to serve with Keto Cheeseburger Soup?
To keep with your Keto or Low Carb diet, I would serve a nice green salad. It will really balance out this soup. I also have served a green vegetable like broccoli.
Print this Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe below:
Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- pound ground beef
- slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- onion diced
- teaspoons minced garlic
- tablespoon steak seasoning
- cup frozen riced cauliflower
- tablespoons butter
- cups chicken broth
- cup heavy whipping cream
- teaspoon of Xantham Gum
- cups of shredded cheddar cheese
In a stock pot, brown the ground beef and drain off any excess grease.
Add in the diced bacon, diced onion, seasonings, riced cauliflower, and butter.
Continue cooking on medium head until the onions and cauliflower are soft.
Stir in the chicken broth and the heaving whipping cream.
Bring the soup mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in the cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until it is melted.
Whisk in the Xanthan gum. Cover for 5 minutes on low while the soup thickens.
Serve topped with more cheese, bacon and sour cream. Enjoy!
You can also add in 4 oz of cream cheese to make an even CHEESIER soup!
*Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5-7 days. The soup will thicken when it’s refrigerated. Add a small amount of water or broth when reheating to thin the soup.
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Easy Keto Chili Recipe
- Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
The post Easy Keto Cheeseburger Soup Recipe appeared first on Eating on a Dime.
This content was originally published here.